Part of the National Quarantine System established in 1880. Immigrants and ship’s crew were inspected for symptoms of diseases. Those showing symptoms of contagious diseases were removed to the station hospital and the ship quarantined for up to 60 days. It was dismantled in 1926 and the land returned to the State of Delaware in 1939.
Location: Rd. 19, Cape Henlopen State Park Lewes, DE 19958