header image

photo of marker


On October 14, 1869, a group of local residents gathered for the purpose of organizing and electing trustees for a Methodist Protestant church near Reynolds Mills. The following month, land was obtained to serve as a site for a house of worship. Construction was completed in 1870, but the building was destroyed by fire on the day of its dedication. After worshipping for a time in a local school, members erected a second structure in 1872. The congregation was formally incorporated as Reynolds M. P. Church on April 1, 1897. By the 1960s, regular services were discontinued, and in 1967 the deteriorating condition of the church resulted in its removal.

Installed in 2008.


The Honorable V. George Carey, Delaware House of Representatives, 2008

Click here to view the photo gallery on Flickr

Resources Related to Milton:

Click to view resources about the town

Find a Grave:

find a grave


23241 Reynolds Pond Road, Milton, DE 19968

Links to more resources: