Site of Reynold’s
On October 14, 1869, a group of local residents gathered for the purpose of organizing and electing trustees for a Methodist Protestant church near Reynolds Mills. The following month, land was obtained to serve as a site for a house of worship. Construction was completed in 1870, but the building was destroyed by fire on the day of its dedication. After worshipping for a time in a local school, members erected a second structure in 1872. The congregation was formally incorporated as Reynolds M. P. Church on April 1, 1897. By the 1960s, regular services were discontinued, and in 1967 the deteriorating condition of the church resulted in its removal.
Enter your address for driving directions to this marker
The Delaware Public Archives operates a historical markers program as part of its mandate. Markers are placed at historically significant locations and sites across the state. For more information on this program, please contact Katie Hall at (302) 744-5036 or via email at email@example.com..
LOCATION: Reynolds , Milton Pond Rd. near.